Choosing a Payroll Service Provider
Bond Payroll Services is a payroll service provider who deliver both payroll bureau and managed payroll services to a wide range of clients in the UK. Our flexible, tailored payroll solutions are designed to compliment companies of all sizes, accommodating their changing requirements over time. All companies can benefit from outsourcing to a payroll service provider; the key is choosing the right one. Here we look at what to look for when choosing a payroll outsourcing partner.
What to look for in a payroll service provider
A key aspect of successful payroll outsourcing is the ability for customers to maintain excellent communication with their allocated payroll manager. Ideally there should be a close working relationship between you and the payroll manager of your outsourced team. An effective payroll service provider will therefore employ permanent staff in house to maintain consistency of communication.
Many outsourcing companies do not work like this however. Instead they sign up as many customers as possible and then offshore the processing of payroll to reduce overheads, leaving the customer with little or no direct contact to their processing teams. Some also cut out the role of the account manager, which can lead to poor communication over wider business issues and as a result, the outsourcing relationship failing to adequately address all of the business needs.
When choosing a payroll service provider it is therefore essential to find out exactly how the delivery of services and account management will be handled. Questions to ask include who will be the primary points of contact, who will be carrying out the work and who will deal with any arising issues.
An additional point to bear in mind and one that separates a highly effective payroll company with one that is less so is how the team are trained to work internally. Are they primarily concerned with turning volume of payroll or is the focus more directed to maintaining good client relationships? The latter will provide a much higher level of service.
- Bond Payroll Services create long-lasting, highly effective partnerships with SME's, large corporate clients and not for profit businesses.
- Every account has a a dedicated UK based account manager with whom the payroll department can contact by phone, email or fax.
- There is no offshore processing of payroll.
- Our focus is to become our client's business partner, saving them money, providing peace of mind and the confidence that all their payroll requirements are being taken care of.
- We hold the ISO 27001:2005 Information Security compliance for data security and ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System accreditation, thus strengthening our commitment to improving our service offerings to our clients.
Businesses are currently going through major changes as they deal with the economic climate. Many organisations have had to reduce their headcount to remain profitable whilst others are growing.
An adaptable payroll service is essential to support a business as it changes. As you take on or reduce staff, you need a payroll service that can grow and change with you. Ensure you have a flexible contract which can provide you with the appropriate level of service that you need at any time.
- Bond Payroll Services provide a flexible contract that will continue to meet your needs as your organisation evolves.
- We will accommodate your changing requirements, providing more or less functionality and resources as required.
- All services are fully tailored to suit you.
Accuracy and Accountability
A primary benefit of outsourcing payroll is that it takes away the worry of payroll mistakes which can lead to the incorrect or late paying of employees or penalties from HMRC. In order to be effective, it is essential that the payroll outsourcing supplier maintains a high degree of accuracy, strictly adheres to deadlines and delivers work that does not need frequent checking and correcting.
When searching for a payroll supplier, it pays to choose one who aim to pro-actively search for errors in the data you provide them and take an active part in correcting any issues. In addition, outsourcing to companies who use fully HMRC accredited software is a must for peace of mind that all calculations are correct in line with current payroll legislation.
- Bond Payroll Services are fully accredited by both HMRC and BACs
- The majority of our payroll managers are qualified to IPP diploma level, which means that they have a high level of practical hands on experience.
- Collectively our payroll managers currently have over 80 years experience of running payrolls over a wide variety of industries.
- However complex your payroll, our friendly and efficient team will take care of every last detail accurately managing this important business function.
Checking references of a payroll outsourcer is essential to ensure that the company you select can handle complex payrolls equivalent to that of your organisation.
Here at Bond we will be pleased to provide references of clients we work with who have similar requirements to your own. Please contact us in the first instance.
“Bond Pay Bureau provides Tesella with an excellent payroll processing service. Staff are knowledgeable, approachable and always available. Interaction is by internet, email and phone, but its always a personal service with a smile” Judy Gell Director