Payroll Bureau Services FAQs
Bond Payroll Services provides companies of all sizes with payroll processing bureau services. As one of the most experienced payroll bureau services in the UK, we have a large team of qualified professionals who can help you streamline your payroll function. Our service offers organisations the latest payroll technology and access to a high level of expertise, while still allowing a high degree of control over input and reporting functions.
Payroll Bureau Frequently Asked Questions
In this FAQ we provide answers to some of the key questions that we hear from companies looking for payroll processing bureau services.
What are payroll bureau services?
A payroll bureau service is a service which is partly outsourced to a third party company. It allows companies to streamline their in-house payroll function while maintaining control and visibility. There are many other features and benefits of using payroll processing bureau services – see below.
The Bond payroll bureau service involves a split of functionality between the client and ourselves. We provide the payroll technology and processing element, while the client retains responsibility for data entry.
What should I look for when considering payroll bureau services in the UK?
One of the key benefits that UK companies are looking for is peace of mind, knowing that their payroll is being correctly administered and is fulfilling all HMRC and legislative requirements.
A UK company looking for payroll bureau services should therefore look for a provider that is:
- HRMC approved – to ensure your company’s payroll is fully HMRC compliant.
- BACS approved – so that it can process payments directly into staff accounts.
- Using UK compliant software – so that all new pay and tax legislation is taken care of automatically.
After compliance, you should look for:
- Excellent ongoing support
Bond Payroll Services satisfy all these requirements and more.
What does a payroll bureau service include?
Bond Payroll Services provides a bureau service which includes the following key features:
- Base data set up – We set up the bureau software with your employees’ data according to your requirements. We take into account any particular aspects of your company’s payroll such as special additions or deductions, Give As You Earn schemes, and so on.
- System test – We run the system in parallel in order to test the system against your existing payroll. Only when it is functioning correctly do we arrange to switch over to the new system.
- Figures balanced to ensure correct takeover of data – We check figures between old and new systems.
- Training and support – Full training is provided by a payroll consultant. This is followed up by ongoing access to a dedicated payroll manager.
- Up to date software – We use Payrite, a feature rich software system which is kept constantly up to date with legislation and is fully HMRC compliant.
- System access – We provide you with access to the payroll system from your premises. This is where you enter payroll data into the system and run reports.
- Calculations – The system calculates tax, NI, PAYE, GAYE, Pensions, SMP, OMP, SAP, SSP, SPP and OSP.
- Payslip production – We produce security sealed payslips based on the payroll data entered, and they are sent to the company or individual personnel as required.
- Payments – We arrange for BACS payments to be made directly into employee bank accounts. This includes pension payments and third party disbursements.
- Reporting – As well as a suite of standard management reports, we can create bespoke accounting reports if needed. You can also run instant reports whenever you like.
- General Ledger interface – Clients can interface into their accounting software – 90 finance packages interfaced with.
- Production of P45’s, P46’s, P35’s, P11’s, P11d’s, P14, P60’s for personnel and HMRC.
- End of year filing – End of year figures are calculated and submitted to the revenue on your behalf.
What are the benefits of using Bond Payroll Services' payroll bureau service?
The benefits of using our payroll bureau service fall into four main categories:
- Cost Savings – No need to pay ongoing software licensing costs for payroll software. Although there will still be some staff costs required for data entry, this may be reduced, depending on your current set up.
- Time Savings – Your key personnel are freed up to work on the core business activities instead of overseeing an in-house payroll function. Admin staff can turn to Bond’s dedicated payroll manager in the event of problems. There are also potential time savings from not having to maintain or upgrade in-house systems.
- Security and Compliance – You never have to worry about staying up to date with changes in taxation or payroll legislation as this is taken care of automatically.
- Visibility and Control – You have complete control and visibility of the payroll operation via reports and access to your dedicated Payroll Manager.
For more detail about these benefits read: Payroll Bureau Services – Benefits
What type of business can benefit from a payroll bureau service?
All sizes of business including small, medium and large businesses, as well as charities and other non-profit organisations can benefit from moving to a payroll bureau service. However, some may benefit even more from using our fully managed payroll service.